Our face and hands are the first things people see and present a significant challenge for anyone trying to prevent fat loss which can leave our faces looking sunken and aged, while our hands look brittle with protruding veins, bones and tendons.
Medical and scientific advancements have paved the way for natural alternatives to synthetic fillers and implant procedures – Known in Europe and as organic facelift. This injection method of facial fat sculpting, also called microlipoinjection or autologous fat transfer can restore attractive contours to your cheeks, chin, and under-eye area.
What is Fat Transfer?
It is a procedure in which an individual’s own body fat is used to fill up sunken or emaciated areas of the face or body or to add volume where desired. If you have considered undergoing a facial rejuvenation procedure but don’t think you’re ready for a face lift or other form of non-surgical or surgical procedure, you may wish to consider facial fat injections.
What Does It Require?
The word “autologous” simply refers to the use of one’s own tissues or fat. Because the patient’s own fat is used, autologous fat transfer requires three steps:
- The first step involves the gentle liposuction of some excess fat (such as that found in the jowls, abdomen, thighs, or buttocks).
- The second step involves the isolation and cleansing of the fat cells.
- The third and final step involves the injection of the fat cells into the targeted hand areas and facial areas (i.e., the fat cell transplantation).
- It is an office procedure performed under local anesthetic and takes approximately 1.5 hours. You are able to go home immediately afterwards.
Who is a Good Candidate?
In general, candidates for fat transfer are adults who would like to rejuvenate their hands and who want to diminish or eliminate the appearance of wrinkles, creases, furrows, smile lines or frown lines, marionette lines, or depressions in the face. Younger patients may be eligible for fat transfer in some cases.
Fat Transfer Advantage
- Fat Transfer is a minimally invasive procedure that is performed under local anesthesia.
- It is a walk-in walk-out procedure, no hospital stay is involved.
- Results are more natural-looking.
- Considerably less pain and no scarring.